Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First Hydroponics and Growing Experience

Posted by fizzle none (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 23, 13 at 19:46

Hello Everyone
I'm new here and new to gardening.
I recently just build myself a flow type of hydroponics.
Now I want to grow some lettuce, tomatoes, fruits etc. but I don't know anything about gardening or using the hydroponics for growing.
I was wondering what type of nutrients/frertilization I need to buy?
Basically I don't know what type of food to buy for the plants. I am going to start to grow lettuce and tomatoes first. Will this be okay?
Amazon.com: Jack's All Purpose 20-20-20 Water Soluble Fertilizer 8 Ounce Tub: Patio, Lawn & Garden
or should I buy something like this?
Amazon.com: General Hydroponics Flora Series QT - FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro: Patio, Lawn & Garden
if you got any tips or recommendation please feel free to share it. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First Hydroponics and Growing Experience

Go with the flora series. They're easy. Learn what you're doing and make sure you like it. (only buy small quantities) then if you want to expand you can look into mixing up your own nutrients.
Probably only grow a single kind of plant first. I recommend tomatoes or herbs. That way you're not trying to make everyone happy or trying to troubleshoot across three different kinds of plants. Of course, lets hope no trouble shooting is required.

o

I haven't tried out GH but I've used Advanced Nutrients line-up it's seemed to give me the same result, so I can't compare the two. But AN product it's easier, not expensive and help to solve pH problem.

o

Nothing against their nutrients, but Advanced Nutrients used to spam the Heck out of this forum. For that reason alone, I encourage NOT using them. GH Flora series was pretty much the original hydro fertilizers and work just fine.

o

I also recommend the Flora series nutrients by GH.

o

I use CNS17. Cheap. Effective. Efficient.

However, I do not have a big "bloom" or "flowering" cycle.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Indoor Adventure

o

Thanks everyone for your input.

I was wondering what ph meter you recommend me to buy from amazon?

I am planning to get these to start growing. Do I need anything else?

General Hydroponics Flora Series QT - FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro

General HydroponicsGH3254 General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter Tray, Single Pack

Thanks

o

Thanks for threads and reply to their related query about experience of growing hydroponically. Most of grower suggest botanicare, GH and Advanced nutrients product. Which one is highly workable in growing process?

o

Best of luck and shoot some pics of your results when you get a chance!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Indoor Growing Adventure

o

just use litmus paper for beginning. it's cheap and you can buy it locally at pet stores.
I'm not sure why you need rapid rooter, but otherwise you seem good to go.
Do you have any medium for your plants yet?

o

Hi “grizzman”. I appreciate to the helpful reply you gave. I will suggest some tips of you to my grower friends and I hope, it will be beneficial for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here