Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomplum

Any aquaponics people near Portland,OR ?

tomplum
16 years ago

Converting our greenhouse to aquaponics. Found lots of info, but ideally would like to check one out. Or if not nearby- let's see what you've got!

Comments (5)

• greystoke
    16 years ago

Looks like there's no-one in Portland or nearby. Pity.

• tomplum
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pity indeed! Working on our system now in between the rain drops...

• hemnancy
    15 years ago

Tomplum- how is the greenhouse conversion going? Have you found any pool or hydroponics stores in Portland that can help you with your supplies and project? Any photos or success reports yet?

• trippytoads
    15 years ago

I just setup a small aquaponics system in my backyard in north east portland. I have about 50 small fish and currently one grow bed that holds about 50 Gals. This is my first system and this project is only a few months old.
    I monitor my water quality ever 2-3 days (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph) and I also monitor the kilowatt hours that the system pulls. I hope to have some good information by the end of the summer on this system.

• lononriver_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

We are in Vancouver Wa. across the river and are in the planning stages of a aquaponics system. Just a bunch of reading but we have not seen any operating systems. Please contact me. I am interested in your results.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida