Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper 'Tray Size'

Posted by codhod (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 10, 07 at 23:58

Hello everyone!

First id like to thank everyone for all there info i have read on these forums.

Question!

1. Im building an EBB and Flow system but i cant seem to find a definate answer to how big my "Flood Tray" needs to be. I Would like to have about 4 differant kinds of peppers (One plant of each kind). How big of a tray do i need for the 4 plants (Chile peppers). Id also like to keep it all in one tray if possible so any info on the dimensions needed for the tray would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
big

Probably depends on the kind of Chile peppers, but if you're planting Jalapeno, go BIG!

http://www.husseh.com/hydro/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/CRW_5591.jpg

That was my Jalapeno plant 66 days after germination. It grew to be about 10x that size after a few more months, taking over that entire tray. It got so big I ended up getting rid of it, since my original intention was to grow herbs, and Jalapenos are plentiful in my area.

o
RE: Pepper 'Tray Size'

I would plant 16-18 inches apart for a full-bodied plant.
Im building a system for a friend that will be 4'x6' with the thought of planting 4 tomatoes, a couple Bells. You could always cram more, but in the long run less plants equal less work and if you can give them room they will love you for it. In this setup, I would certainly plant half light lovers around here and there; you would be surprised as to the bonus harvest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here