Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
apt403

Water Spec Request

apt403
12 years ago

Hey all, I was wondering if a kind soul would be willing to provide me with some data - I've got a 12 plant, 17g DWC system running at the moment, for Bibb lettuce, and I'm trying to nail down my nutrient solution.

In the next couple weeks or so I'm going to pick up a combo EC/TDS/pH tester to get some solid numbers. Until then, I was hoping someone here would be willing to share of their experiences.

I'm running Maxsea General Purpose (16-16-16) ferts, supplemented with Epsom salt for magnesium. The pH of my tap water, before nuts, is 7.5 (I'm waiting for a full copy of my local municipality's water quality analysis, ATM). My nutrient solution is composed of 1 teaspoon Maxsea + .25 teaspoon of epsom salt, per gallon of water.

Does this seem generally okay for Bibb lettuce? If anyone has experience with using Maxsea + Epsom for hydro, I'd appreciate some input.

This is a test system, just to play around with. Eventually, I'd like to be mixing my own nutrient solution, using pure chealated macros and micros, automatic pH stabilization, CO2 and O2 supplementation, precise, by the micromole, light control, all the fun stuff. A system that would make Resh proud. For now, I'm just trying to make sure I'm not locking out any of my baby's food.

I'll be posting pictures of them, btw, once my system is a bit more formalized (not so messy looking). :)

Comments (3)