Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perma till or Soil Perfector

Posted by gardenfreak (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 2, 09 at 14:00

Hi:
Went to the garden center today looking for some of those clay pellets that are so famous in hydroponics.
Did not find any. People had not heard of it. Not sure why.
I did find 2 product that after reading the explanation on the bag seemed like they could also be used.
1) Stalite Perma Till (which is expanded slate). A 21L bag was $12.99
2) Soil perfector made by espoma. Did not have a price and the lady did not know how much it was (ha ha ).

I live in south central PA and it seems like hydroponics is not "the thing" people do.

Has anybody used either one of these and if so what do you think????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perma till or Soil Perfector

Here is some more info:
http://www.permatill.com/Hydroponics_Water_Gardening.html

o
RE: Perma till or Soil Perfector

I looked at the link and Permatill somewhat resembles perlite.

I grow all my tomatoes and strawberries in perlite, which I purchase from a local "farm supply" store. It's around $15 for a 5 cubic-foot bag. I have tried the clay balls and I like perlite way better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here