Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tim62766

Newbie - young tomatoes yellowing and wilting

Tim62766
10 years ago

Hi all- I'm new to hydro gardening but having fun learning. My first system is a DWC system. I'm attempting to grow tomatoes, peppers, and spinach.

Things started out great but the tomatoes have started to show signs of distress. My cherry tom is not standing up very well and has some yellowing spots on the leaves. I've got a determinate hybrid tom that was looking strong but in the last day or so has started to bend over a little showing signs of wilting.

I had them all together, but suspected that maybe the nutrient strength was not strong enough (from what I could find through some online searches). Also my water temps might have been a little low.

Old measurements:

TDS 1280
Temp 63F

Today I set up a separate container, raised the nutrient strength to 1820 TDS and using an aquarium heater set the water temp to 70F. I moved the toms and the pepper over to the new container. Am I on the right track? I'm hoping that I'm not going to stress them out too much.

They've only been in the hydro system for one week as of today. Pics attached showing the wilt and yellowing. Any guidance is appreciated!

This post was edited by Tim62766 on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 22:36

Comments (4)