Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
georgeiii_gw

The Dark Garden: Citrus Squad

georgeiii
14 years ago

Here they are after about 2 weeks and their showing new leaf growth. They get the same sqruit of fertilizer every three days.

Comments (10)

• lucas_formulas
    14 years ago

You even get mad at a can of SPAM, do you...?
    Remember the hammer and the nail?

Btw: does your setup really needs to look that rough and messy - all non-due respect, does it really need to look ugly to be experimental, economic or artistic? Haven't you thought of bringing some beauty and harmony in there instead?

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lucas I come back to post an update and find you interpeting my feeling. Hhaahah what fools these mortal be. "all non-due respect" lucas you've been in the woods too long. Here's the update

As for being pretty, is that what you reduced your hydroponic knowledge too. Pointing fingers

• lucas_formulas
    14 years ago

Seriously, georgeiii! Is (at least trying to) interpreting feelings of others part of social life or not? I more like tend to think that people who have been to long in the woods or in some green house, tend to give a sh** about others and there feelings.

And, you were telling us you were an Artist earlier, weren't you? Well, there is (no joking) in fact some graphic art and music, that is called "Trash", it's actual purpose is to be rough and dirty - in contrast (and as a reaction) to too clean and sophisticated Art. Is that the direction you following with your Art then? LOL

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lucas that was such a mouth full of marbles to say what???? Nothing, lucas your not here for social networking. Your here to treat others as tourists. ( been there, done that) So can we get back to the subject at hand. I have a wentch I want to wake up and make love too.

• lucas_formulas
    14 years ago

I believe I am here for what seems fine to me as long as I play by the rules of engagement.

What is the actual subject anyway?
    How do you call that "Art", and what are you trying to communicate anyway? What's the goal of it all? Are you actually open to suggestions and comments? Are you willing to reply to some challenging questions, or are you actually blocking them off?

If you're just broadcasting and self-sufficient about it, don't want any of it to be touched or questioned in any ways - why not choosing a more appropriate channel that excludes any "intrusion" o the kind? What about a nice web page or blog?

You bet, I am aware about the fact that this isn't exactly a social network and that there isn't such thing as a real autarkic and consistent community in this forum either (it alters too much for that). I may be wrong, but from my point of view this isn't a place to simply drop and placard your stuff or brag about it either. Your appeal to me to get back to the subject seems futile as well, - as there isn't any except that "3-thing" squad, guarded by a way too touchy "Hyper Alert Sentry" ;-)

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    14 years ago

"I may be wrong, but from my point of view this isn't a place to simply drop and placard your stuff or brag about it either"

You could be right on the first part but your wrong on the second. I'm prolific in what I do. I don't just drop but show a time line. That's my hammer and nail. Hey I'm facing generations of waste nutrient producers passing on what they have learned. lucas you say your going to start a business well I say even if you build your system out of bamboo mine would still only cost a fraction ( not a percent% but a fraction 1/16) of what yours would. Don't you think you should consider that? By the way I don't brag. I'm a God fearing Baptist that falls to his knees every night to thank Him for the bounty I'm about to be given when I get into it.
    Avocado's are next. I'm making the Aquaponic Bubbliers up. The root system of Avocado's lends itself to Aquaponic cultures. All I'm doing is showing the varities of plant that can be grown from my systems.

• lucas_formulas
    14 years ago

Don't take every bit seriously what I am saying - the bragging thing was a bit provocative - actually I shouldn't have added that bit. I certainly am too cheeky sometimes. Anyway, who cares - we all do that, we even brag when pretending we were modest. Imperfection is a part of human nature.

And yes, being prolific is basically a good thing for artists and creators. Look at Pablo Picassso: the guy painted like mad, piled pictures up in a villa, moved from room to room when it got narrow and messy in there - he finally locked the whole building, bought a new-one and repeated the same thing in there. Unlike many other artists of that time, he could afford that mania early in his career...

But as I can see with your explanations, beliefs and convictions - we truly aren't from the same mold. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, although I do realize now, that as a matter of facts, guys like me won't ever fully understand guys like you. ;-)

About your somewhat cute comparison with your versus my costs, you are simply wrong. Bamboo is growing abundantly near and around my place and it is totally free. When I look outside the window, I see bamboo, bamboo nothing but bamboo! You can't have it cheaper than free, isn't that a fait accompli? And that is only one thing, as all PVC fittings and pipes, drippers, sprinklers, sprayers, name it we have it to 95% and in fact for a FRACTION of the price you buy it at any online store or wherever in the US or EU. The price of raw materials for nutrients, - you can only dream of! There is even an evolved type of NFT channel, that has been developed and manufactured by one of my colleagues in Bangkok, that costs only a third of the price you'd pay when getting it from any "international" manufacturer I know of. I am actually testing them in a 8 channel unit as we speak.

Anyway, cheapness really is not gonna stick as an argument here (and certainly not with me). And come on, you are not "facing" any generations of waste nutrient either I believe, - you would perhaps like to give you that image. Sorry, I don't see that put through convincingly. You better work your pitch about that part.

It's Ok what you're doing georgeiii... but as I said earlier: keep it free of the amateur conspiracy theories and the sidewalk science. You'd come over much more convincingly, if you'd just stick to the facts. ;-)

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    14 years ago

you know the one thing that always strikes me funny about CITIZENS from other country thinks everything in America is expensive. This is the land of the free. Anything you want you can get it free here. We have whole industries here just for trash. People pile it up nice and neat. Cleaned out, seperated and packaged. We have so much stuff we can't give it away.
    As for the God thing, God knows I'm a sinner. I enjoy my sins but I don't sin everyday. Do I think my as*e is going to fry. Yes I do. But you hope in God's ultmate wisdom He won't let it be too long.
    But again that has nothing to do with the projects at hand.

"amateur conspiracy theories and the sidewalk science"

First let me explain something. lucas you got all the moves but you got no game. Your trying to shoot a hoop in a game that's already over. It's not gonna matter how many times you make it. This is simple Arts & Crafts. It was designed that anyone can do it where ever they are with what they most commonly have at hand. They have a free library of photos and conversations to choose from. And they don't need to buy anything from me. Or even talk to me. lucas you got no game. Any way I have to post something about the Kale.

• lucas_formulas
    14 years ago

People or CITIZENS from other countries are individuals, one by one and with very distinct mind sets and attitudes. Any generalization can't ever describe or understand the individual person, from wherever they are. That is a basic philosophical and social principle I believe in. But such generalizations come always handy if you are just egocentric and not interested in a vis-Ã -vis nor actually facing the other person as an actual individual.

Anyway, don't most people pay very expensive and most probably sell their soul and sit their a** of in some office or wherever they are locked in for hours, to just be part of the american- or any other "western" dream? The waste and the worthless freebees you get access to as an "advantage", as soon as they cut off you chains at sixteen hundred, would they really make up for the loss of all dignity and freedom, .... honestly -would they? Hence, can you really focus on the freely available waste part, without seeing the bigger picture? This is truly a ridiculous argument, in my opinion. People who would need to live at some garbage dump would be blessed then, for all the "freebees" they get dumped all over the place, on a hourly base...

"Me no game" and hence no moves. I only think you're a bit lost in your own realm (which I don't judge, but observe and describe) and you not even close to some common sense. This concerns both, the concept of your venture and the ways you use to transmit it. It's not my job actually to pull you back to earth and to the facts, but than again, in the context of hydroponics and for the sake of it, looks like I can't prevent my self from that skeptic and questioning attitude.

For me it simply is neither fish nor meat. You using chemically and industrially manufactured ferts, perlite, some "unsustainable pots", plastic lids, paint buckets or whatever - but try to sell it (in a figurative sense of presenting it - not in commercial terms) as something very special. But in fact it isn't special nor economical nor sustainable nor differs it in any way from what we have seen. With these few pots of plants that are growing under questionable conditions, it's even not economical nor prolific.

And about the "messy-dirty" part, it remembers me a Dutch girl I observed some time ago at a "Indian antique shop". She was interested in a neckless from (apparently) Nagaland. And she asked the shopkeeper: "is it antique or is it just dirty?" LOL. Well that's what I am actually wondering about your "artwork", is it sustainable and special, or is it just dirty...? LOL

I guess I will not insist indefinitely though, as you seem to not want to get my point(s) anyway.

• lucas_formulas
    14 years ago

People or CITIZENS from other countries are individuals, one by one and with very distinct mind sets and attitudes. Any generalization can't ever describe or understand the individual person, from wherever they are. That is a basic philosophical and social principle I believe in. But such generalizations come always handy if you are just egocentric and not interested in a vis-Ã -vis nor actually facing the other person as an actual individual.

Anyway, don't most people pay very expensive and most probably sell their soul and sit their a** of in some office or wherever they are locked in for hours, to just be part of the american- or any other "western" dream? The waste and the worthless freebees you get access to as an "advantage", as soon as they cut off you chains at sixteen hundred, would they really make up for the loss of all dignity and freedom, .... honestly -would they? Hence, can you really focus on the freely available waste part, without seeing the bigger picture? This is truly a ridiculous argument, in my opinion. People who would need to live at some garbage dump would be blessed then, for all the "freebees" they get dumped all over the place, on a hourly base...

"Me no game" and hence no moves. I only think you're a bit lost in your own realm (which I don't judge, but observe and describe) and you not even close to some common sense. This concerns both, the concept of your venture and the ways you use to transmit it. It's not my job actually to pull you back to earth and to the facts, but than again, in the context of hydroponics and for the sake of it, looks like I can't prevent my self from that skeptic and questioning attitude.

For me it simply is neither fish nor meat. You using chemically and industrially manufactured ferts, perlite, some "unsustainable pots", plastic lids, paint buckets or whatever - but try to sell it (in a figurative sense of presenting it - not in commercial terms) as something very special. But in fact it isn't special nor economical nor sustainable nor differs it in any way from what we have seen. With these few pots of plants that are growing under questionable conditions, it's even not economical nor prolific.

And about the "messy-dirty" part, it remembers me a Dutch girl I observed some time ago at a "Indian antique shop". She was interested in a neckless from (apparently) Nagaland. And she asked the shopkeeper: "is it antique or is it just dirty?" LOL. Well that's what I am actually wondering about your "artwork", is it sustainable and special, or is it just dirty...? LOL

I guess I will not insist indefinitely though, as you seem to not want to get my point(s) anyway.