Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soyousee

Hard Lessons

Soyousee
13 years ago

After my aeroponic greenhouse strawberries survived my co2 poising trying to keep them alive during a severe winter here in Texas, then the growth slump of to hot nutrients, followed by a pH drop that I didn't have enough RO to do a change so I adjusted pH up to have time to do change, most plants survived, not all. To finish off in a grand way the large pump started a come and go delivery, I didn't know until it quit completely. Allstars are gone. http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/soyousee/RIP.jpg

We still have the 12 Ozark Beauties that the smaller pump delivered to although half of them have not fully recovered from the pH shock.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/soyousee/QzarkBeautys.jpg

We have 25 new Qzark Beauty bare root plants to start and will only have the one family of berries. They have been in a cloner waiting for their final resting-place (so it would seem) and all have leafed.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/soyousee/strawberries.jpg

We haven't got the first year in aeroponics under our belts yet but somehow feel so much wiser. The Water Farms we started our hyrdoponic adventure with were just so much more forgiving than the aeroponic system.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/soyousee/DSC00276.jpg

"Doing 10 with no Chance of Parole"

Comments (10)

• Soyousee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Won't be posting here anymore! I didn't do a Lowe's commercial, that -plants- thing was added after my post. This post is out of control.

• bbrush
    13 years ago

I don't see any Lowes ad, click on this link and opt out and see if it removes it http://intellitxt.com/opt_out/ch_optout.asp

• homehydro
    13 years ago

I see what Soyousee is talking about. At the end of the second sentence, the word plants is highlighted in green. And Just like the word Lowe's in his second post. When you scroll over the highlighted word, a window pops up with the lows ad. To be honest I'm not exactly that it is a website issue. I believe that it's something in the browser, and was most likely added to the browser without permission. But I cant say it was from this site for sure.

I see the same thing all over the web. In fact, I would see those highlighted words and pop ups on my very own website, and I know I didn't create it. I called my web-host about it, and she was totally confused because she couldn't see what I was talking about on her computer because it wasn't in her browser. I have learned to just ignore them, but I believe you can get rid of them by clearing the cookies from your browser. However if it's this website that's adding it to your browser (and I wouldn't be surprised), every time you log in it will just get re-installed. It's probably in the fine print of the terms of use that nobody reads, as a condition of using the site.

It's easy to tell the difference between a actual link and the pop-up adds, because the pop-up adds have the double lines underneath.

• bbrush
    13 years ago

"It's easy to tell the difference between a actual link and the pop-up adds, because the pop-up adds have the double lines underneath."

vibrant media ads do and like I say click on that link and opt out.

• homehydro
    13 years ago

That may work as you say as well. Although I just cleared my cookies, and that got rid of them also. I usually wind up doing that a couple of times a week anyway.

• grizzman
    13 years ago

the cookies are used by them to determine which words to highlight. It is purely a web based advertising stunt. Nothing has been installed on your browser.
    When GW added that form of advertising a few years ago, a hot little debate ensued. In the end, those who disapproved simply moved on.

• homehydro
    13 years ago

Good to know that it isn't a program that's installed, just the cookies. That's why I regularly clear the cookies from my browser, you never know what type of cookies are getting installed just from visiting a web-page, logging into a website etc.. The downside is I need to re-log into everything like this forum, and my e-mail addresses.

• grizzman
    13 years ago

notice opting out doesn't remove the ads, simply makes them more generic. Just as clearing your cookies will not remove them.
    you just have to learn to keep your mouse in the margins when you're scrolling up and down.

• Killer-D
    13 years ago

I believe adblock plus removes these. Mine shows its actively removing things from intellitxt.com and I don't see the links anymore since using it. I stopped going to web sites that had these until I found I could eliminate the popups. Its one thing if you had to hover for a second to see it, but as it is you only have to move the mouse over the link for a split second and a window pops up and then takes another 5 seconds to go away.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!