Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vacuum seeder!

Posted by Rio_Grande (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 10:24

I know I keep muddying the water by bringing all this dirt tech to the hydroponic world. What can I say I am trying to create a hybrid.

I started building a vacuum seeder for our 200 hole trays yesterday.
The thought of seeding 5000+ holes by hand didn't seem fun.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vacuum seeder!

Do you think that's what Gen Hydro though when they began marketing composted and live culture Rapid Rooters? LOL

o

Lol maybe! Hope it all works!

o

Rio, If know your style, it will be awesome. Then you'll joke how you made it out of a vacuum cleaner you got for $1.50 at a garage sale and a few peach cobbler pie pans that you rescued from the recycling bin !!!

o

Ha ha PupillaCharites you are a real character, I like your style

o

Lol,, sounds like something I would do!

o

Here's a cool video where they use a vacuum seeder to fill Rock wool starter cubes, for Hydroponic Lettuce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBhyqowSEc

Glen

o

G'day guys, thanks, I just did 50 seeds and I was already wishing I had one! so did it work?!!!

o

I still have one part to Finnish and we will know.

Thanks for the video.

o

Wish my greenhouse was the size of that one! Previously we were seeding the 98 count trays in about 10 minutes but that was using pelleted seed, this year a lot of our seed is not pelleted. Gotta do it diffrent or I will spend all our time seeding.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here