Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ethnobotany

Help!

ethnobotany
14 years ago

So once again, I have a problem in my garden. Imagine that! This time the problem is slightly different. Most of the problem is actually with my plants in soil so this may belong on another topic, but hey, you guys seem to be the best at responding. These pictures are of sage and then margiolds respectively. They have these blackish almost purple spots appearing which only recently have shown up. Also, the plant is losing its color in some of the stems, going from a nice redish color in the marigolds to a white sickly looking color. Not sure if thats normal or not... This problem had not been apparent until after my MH fixture was installed.

On one hand I would think that the problem is burning, but, something about the millions of gnat flies that are flying around may be the problem. Do these pictures show symptoms of gnat fly larvae eating my plants tender roots? Or is there a possibility that this is being caused by another bug? You tell me.

Heres a before and after pic of marigolds. Before MH fixture and after. Before major gnat flies and after.

Here is the sage.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths