Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
themastergardener1

Thanks for everything, HH, Grizzman, everyone..

TheMasterGardener1
12 years ago

I am just saying thanks to homehydro for teaching me a lot about hydroponics.

I am saying this because I do not think I will be able to post on here soon. When iwas going to post it said anyone by the name of TheMasterGardener1 will not be able to post from april 7th and on. I hope it is not because I was arguing a point in science. The most I did was post one after another or typing in caps, or said "unexperienced garden" ?

Those are things that you should be able to say. Not like some of the comments I have seen on this sight, they are still able to post? If I do get kicked out I will report the comments I seen on here for sure.

Good Day.

Comments (9)

• grizzman
    12 years ago

That's weird. never heard of ANY moderation on this site before?!?

• TheMasterGardener1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yea, I guess I could always just read and learn, even if I can not post.

• grizzman
    12 years ago

Or just register under a different name.

something doesn't make sense though. why would they give you a delayed ban? never have I seen a forum where they say you're banned in one month. It just doesn't make sense.

• TheMasterGardener1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yea it does not lol. I think it was just a mess up maybe. Everyone else having that delay in between forums?

• homehydro
    12 years ago

TheMasterGardener1
    Given the description of the situation you mentioned, I would say if there is a problem, it has only to do with the user ID your using (or e-mail you registered with). If it were a moderation issue, it would take effect immediately. If it's not a mistake, the forum owners likely made a change to registration rules. As an example they may have blocked any user ID starting with the word "The," in an attempt to keep people from using their website as a user ID (such as "TheHydroponicsShop"), or it may have something to do with the number "1" at the end of your user ID.

I can think of many examples. But the bottom line is I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with arguing a point, and I'm also 100% sure it has something to do with new registration rules that will take effect on the date given to you, thus somehow affect your forum registration status at that time. The time period is given to make the necessary changes for regular users, and the rest are assumed not regular users (thus blocked, and would need to re-register).

• homehydro
    12 years ago

I missed something in your last post,

You asked:
    "Everyone else having that delay in between forums?"

Have you tried to clear the cookie's from your computer, and re-logging in?

• TheMasterGardener1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

"Everyone else having that delay in between forums?"

It has happend to others too though in the container garden section I hear.

Thanks though for the explanation Home Hydro.

• homehydro
    12 years ago

TheMasterGardener1

Is this the type of message you got?

Please note: beginning April 7th, users wishing to post as members must log in. The format "gw:homehydro" will no longer work.

You must log in or supply a valid email address.

If so, that's nothing to worry about. All it means is that for some reason you weren't logged in (cookies got erased/expired etc.). I get those mesages from time to time myself, I never pay attention to the dates given. But one hint is when you log in to member to check mark the little box below the user name and password. Otherwise it logs out before you even post for some reason.

• TheMasterGardener1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yup that is what it said. Ok thanks homehydro.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner