Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How I start plants in net pots

Posted by grizzman (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 27, 08 at 14:17

Just thought I'd share with everyone how I typically start plants in net pots.
In this case, the marjoram was germinated in about an inch of dirt then transplanted as shown below.

click on the picture for a larger image.

If the image doesn't appear Click Here for an inderect link.
Comments and Feedback are always appreciated.
Happy growing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How I start plants in net pots

link to photo is broken :(.

o

hey grizzman,

thanks for this post, it helps me out a lot. i'm still very new to hydroponics. if you were doing nft, and needed the roots to be grown out of the net pots (extending out an inch or two) before putting the plant into the system, could you just continue the plants using the method you show here, until you have the desired root length? is there a better way to do it?

thanks much (and thanks for the hole saw response in my other post)

o

yes you just leave the plants in there and eventually they'll grow out of the pots and into the nutrient.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here