Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Locating powdered fertilizer in Canada

Posted by Astaroth none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 16:11

Hi,
I'm trying to find a supplier for powdered fertilizer like Master blend or similar in Canada.

The liquid to part fertilizer they sell at the hydroponic shops are too expensive.
The American amazon sells powdered, but the Canadian Amazon does not sell powdered.

Glen

This post was edited by Astaroth on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 17:23

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Locating powdered fertilizer in Canada

CanadianWholesaleHydroponics.com has MaxiGro High performance one part Growing Formula

Item Description
Manufacturer: General Hydroponics
MaxiGro tm and MaxiBloom tm are extremely potent, stand-alone, water-soluble, dry concentrate nutrients. Complete in Primary, Secondary, and Micro Nutrients, pH buffered MaxiGro and MaxiBloom will provide superior results when used with a wide variety of crops in both hydroponic and soil-based environments

Note the minimum shipping charge of $13.95

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.canadianwholesalehydroponics.com

o

Thanks Boreal for the link.
Is this what you use or something different.
I currently have the two part liquid Dutch Nutrient Formula DNF
from Home Grown Hydroponics. It was $40.00 on sale normally $48.00 for the two 4 liter jugs. They told me if I bring the empty jugs in they will refill it for $10.00 less.

Glen

o

Glen I'm just getting started and so didn't know enough about the different types. I ended up buying a liquid (name is spam blocked here) off of Amazon.ca more because of the price and free shipping. Once I know a bit more I'll probably order something else.

I currently have a DIY WindowFarm but I'm looking into the Kratky Method (Non-recirculating air gap system). I saw the MaxiGro recommended for that.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Kratky Method: Non-circulation, non-electric hydroponic system

o

I have been using the Kratky method and with two other systems I am running, it is by far the best, just add nutrients , no pumps aerators , no blockages, its all good.just add plants and walk away , the plants will take up the nutrients during growth stages until ready to harvest.
I am going overseas for two weeks and I do not have any worries. with the Kratky system .My other two systems ebb and flow and drip systems are another story.

o

Robert????
What does your Kratky system have to do with me finding powdered fert in Canada??????
I'm confused as to why you posted that.

Glen

o

Boreal,
I see that home grown sells the dry items to make our own mix.
this includes the micro-nutrient too.
Comes as a six pack or individually.

http://www.hydroponics.ca/dnf_sixpack.html

o

Here's a good quality 5-12-26 with all the micros, in Pennsylvania, USA.

Jacks 5-12-26

They say they ship to Canada. If you can't get the info from their shopping page, try emailing them for the shipping related costs.

o

@ PupillaCharites,
Thanks for the link!
I'll give it a look.

Glen

o

I used the master blend and this bag of dry hydroponic nutrients side by side for a Kratky system growing lettuce and the results were Identical!

I think it is the same stuff, but pre-mixed with Epsom salts and calcium nitrate, where I had to add those things to the master blend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here