Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tropical Hydroponics

Posted by bzeislandboy Central America (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 08 at 17:02

I am starting a covered (to protect from bugs) hydroponic system on an island off the coast of Belize, Central America. I plan to use rain water from a cistern, in the dry season will have to use well water. Anyone with experience in switching waters?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tropical Hydroponics

Wow, I wish I had your water question, I still have 3 feet of snow in the back yard! LOL

I'm no expert by any stretch but the first thing that came to my mind was pH variance may be an issue. Will you be testing/monitoring pH? Also, based on your well location, mineral content from the cistern may mean adjustments to nutrient TDS.

Just my first (armature) thoughts. Im sure other more experienced folks will chime in shortly.

Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here