Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
splitcane

My Home Built Hydro System...

splitcane
15 years ago

Hi All... New guy here, been looking around for a while and decided to join in. I have no history with Hydro but have done an outside garden for 20 years, this year the Squirrel's ate all my tomatoes and there was no stopping them. So I decided to build a greenhouse till I seen the price tag. Then indoor Hydro came to mind, year round and no squirrel's...

With the limited space I decided to start with Sweet/Hot Peppers ( Ladybugs & Hungarian Wax ) and see what happens...

Did some research and built my system using a little of this and a little of that and a few of my ideas, there are six pods with 2gal reservoirs each and two main 12gal gravity feed reservoirs. Three pods per main reservoir so I can flush one side, run different nutrients and the such. The reservoirs have heaters, air and water pumps that deliver 15 minutes of aerated nutrients every hour around the clock to the plants ( hope that make since ) The system runs flawlessly and I quit proud of it, very low maintenance...

Here are some photos of the build and grow...

{{gwi:1002168}}

{{gwi:1002169}}

{{gwi:1002170}}

{{gwi:1002171}}

{{gwi:1002172}}

{{gwi:1002173}}

{{gwi:1002174}}

{{gwi:1002175}}

{{gwi:1002176}}

{{gwi:1002177}}

{{gwi:1002178}}

{{gwi:1002179}}

{{gwi:1002180}}

{{gwi:1002181}}

{{gwi:1002182}}

Of course being a novas I'm flying blind most of the time..."-)

Everything is going great with the peppers except lately there dropping flowers big time, started out fine and there are peppers on the bottom of the plants but the top flowers are dropping. I did some reading of threads here and that seems to be a big problem with peppers and I made some changes. switched from the PureBlend Pro Grow to PureBlend Pro Bloom @ 30ml per galon, added some fans for air movement and things look to be improving but I'm not sure...

Do they need me to pollinate the flowers...?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated my new Friends...

Comments (6)