Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
guygdev

Some problems with my system :S

guygdev
11 years ago

Hello All,

I've recently build a fairly large hydroponic system using 5 inch pipes with a total length of 8 meters divided into 4 tubes.. My first design was to set it vertically and set a sort of a "rain maker" fitting on the top. However, there were some problem because I didn't put the pots in a 45 degree angle hence they were leaky..
So I've flipped to an horizontal setup and planned run an irrigation tube(4mm drip system tube) with small holes but the pump couldn't handle it, there was not enough pressure at the end of the line.. I than tried a pump I had lying around which is a 250w 6000l/h submersible pump. It had the same problem.
I've replaced 1 of the irrigation tube for a 12mm sized tube and fitted it with 360 degrees spraying heads. This works quite well for the whole line but I'm not really sure if I linking 4 of those 12mm tubes will give a good pressure on all... what do you think? I'm suspecting this 4mm irrigation tubes are perhaps too small for these pumps..
another different problem was the fact that this larger pump heated my reservoir which is 60L big.. any recommendation for a size?

Lots of mess :S

Thanks for the help!

Guy

Comments (5)