Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjmater

Need some info.

SJmater
11 years ago

First off like to apologize if im typing int the wrong area. I am totally new to Hydroponics and find it very interesting. My girlfriend got me into it and would like some information i cannot seem to find.

I so far have a drip system (more like rain) and a pvc set up. there both up and working but more girlfriend is telling me we cant run them 24/7. but we are using gravel and we have the fertilizer set up 20/20/20 i cannot think of the brand name but the guy informed me that its exactly what I'll need for the plants for hydroponics. the problem with us is locating net pots so we found sum heavier duty plastic pots and tried to drill more holes but they have a lot at the bottom. the pvc pipe is 4 inches and about 2 inches is water. the set up is abit different but its also ment for mobility so my girl can transport to classes. my question is can i leave the water pump and airstone 24/7 for both or for just pvc from what i understand watching youtube videos? also the drip set up me and her have set up isnt light tight like the pvc setup is... is this a problem? Its a plastic clear tub roughly about 4 gallons of water and the pump brings up to a 1 1/2 pipe and then i have 2 holes per plant (5) its more like a constant pour on the plants but seems to run through the gravel and back down very quickly. these are prototypes and are in my shed for time being... i would like to go bigger and do more inside my green house.

Comments (2)