Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pH going up

Posted by chinamon (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 10 at 0:58

i use 85% phosphoric acid to bring my pH down but i seem to need to add more every two days because the pH goes up. is this normal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pH going up

During the vegative state, its normal for the PH to go up. Once the heavy fruiting cycle starts, the opposite will happen.

o

thanks. :)

o

Just regularly check it as well because you will also need to maintain a certain pH level depending on the plant that you're growing :)

Here is a link that might be useful: pH Manifesto Your Buried Treasure Of Growing Secrets

o

@hydroponic_gardening,

Are you willing to tell us your relationship with A.N?
Just a fan of Big Mike or himself? ;-)

Some of what they provide is indeed a great read, but I am scarred away by there sales politics and popular-anecdotical way of presenting the stuff.
Example: they use appeal to authority (as in all the "P.h.D stuff") combined with appeal to sympathy, - we are all dumb, so let's listen to what experts say. Red Herring as in we provide best info and knowledge, hence our products must be based on that knowledge and have the same quality as the information we provide. But goodness, who the Frak needs 32 additives?! If all that stuff is truly and only based on research and scientific facts, why are they called Rhino Skin, Overdrive, Bud Blood or even Iguana Juice? In fact the most subjective and anecdotical product names one can imagine. Am I the only-one who notices the clear paradox here? LOL

o

Sort of reminds me of the "snake oil" bodybuilding products, same target age as well, teens and 20 somethings with to much money. Some probably work but the dollars out way the benefits unless you are growing a particular cash crop, which of course is their target market.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here