Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hydroponics Nutrients for Lettuce

Posted by guidetocebu none (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 7, 11 at 3:59

Hi Everyone,

i'm fairly new to the whole hydroponics system, and im wondering if anyone here has a recipe already for a DIY hydroponic nutrients,
i would buy a pre made one myself, however, since im living here in the Philippines, we don't have those readily available.

sad:(

Thanks in advance to helpful people out there!:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydroponics Nutrients for Lettuce

If you are truly new to hydroponics, order your nutrients pre-made online. At least to start, even if the shipping is a huge cost. Once you have a good working knowledge of how pre-made nutrients grow your plants. Then noticing and figuring out deficiencies and toxicities is much easier (and problems in general). There are very few people that make there own nutrients from the start, and ever continue because of problems they cant figure out. If it's your only option, then it's your only option. But good luck.

P.S. Also don't grow on a large scale until you know exactly how your plants react to your environment/nutrient solution (If you plan to make any money).

o

Kumusta po guidetocebu,
Do not reply to me here, but email me (with the needed quantity in kg or Liter of concentrate) and I'll send you a simple 2 component recipe of what many commercial growers use here in Thailand. Support for the making process and a contact in the Philippines of a person who went through the process of nutrient making (and finding raw materials on site) recently, included.

It's cheap and easy to make.

Cheers,
Lucas

Please contact me @ "chiliparadise(at)gmail.com", replace (at) with the regular @!

o

I haven't ever created a DIY nutrient solution for lettuce completely from scratch. Rather, I tend to borrow from the work of others and adapt the solutions to the needs of the particular cultivar being grown in a given environment. Good sources to check out include Howard Resh (he wrote the text "Hydroponic Food Production" and has a website with some formulas) as well as a new hydroponics text written by Prof. Gert Venter D. Eng (see especially Chapter 15).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here