Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato Problem: Bending Down

Posted by waleed (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 6:53

Hello,
My hydroponics tomato project has been successful for about ten months now. And I'm growing my second crop.
Today, Inoticed the top of the plants are growing bent down instead of growing up towards the sunlight.
Does anyone know if it could be a nutrient deficiency/excess problem? or any other possible cause for this?

Thank you,
Waleed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato Problem: Bending Down

could you post a picture?
are you growing under lights?
what kind of nutrients are you using?
what kind of system are you running?
do you know your room and rez temperatures?
It is possible it's a nutrient problem, but I'm sure more information is needed to know.

o
RE: Tomato Problem: Bending Down

Hi Waleed,

It is really hard to determine what could be causing your tomato plants to bend down since you say that you had success growing it before...There are a number of factors actually...it could be because of pH problem, temp, nutrient deficiency and all sorts...please give us more info on it and as grizzman said, it would help if you post a picture ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here