Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bjanuszewski

First time lettuce in DWC setup problems/issues

bjanuszewski
10 years ago

Hi, as a first time hydroponic user i have ran into some problems w/ my lettuce i was growing. i was able to get about a month and a half of growth, actually harvested some of it. i have a pictures here of some of the problems(not sure how to upload multiple) i have been getting dryness on the tips of my lettuce and the lower/smaller leaves where getting some discolored yellowness & withering. I think i have some ideas as the roots where tangled and a bit brown, maybe some root rot. i had around 7 plants as one died early (was originally 8) alot of the plants seemed to close and a lot of cluster. i will defiantly not be putting in the full 8 again maybe just 4 since i have a 10 gallon tuberware usually put in 4-6 gallons @ beginning then lower to 3 after roots have grown. i followed using 1/4 the nute strength early on (lettuce seem good early stage) once i went to fuller strength seemed to be having some trouble if i recall i will have to look @ my notes but i dont think the ppm got higher then 700, not sure if thats a good range for a 10 gallon tub. otherwise i will try to get more pics up if i can find out how

Comments (5)