Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjwaffle

A new hydroponics idea

pjwaffle
16 years ago

here is an idea for a new type of hydroponic systems the basic idea is that it is the opposite of aeroponics - instead of water being sparyed in air at the plants air being bubbled or sprayed in water at the plants I call this reverse aeroponics. I added a link to my image on imageshack

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (9)

• charlielittle
    16 years ago

Sorry I don't get it. Please explain more in detail. Sounds like a common bubble aeration to me.

• pjwaffle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yeah I am sorry I guess I am kind of new to this anyway the system would have two containers for the nutrients right? well then there should be two pipes connecting them then a water pump circulates it and a filter on the pipe going to the flood tank has a filter I am not sure of this idea maybe someone could make a modification to my diagram and fix this idea up!

• willardb3
    16 years ago

What?

You aren't describing this very well.

• sdrawkcab
    16 years ago

Plants being bubbled in water was invented a long time ago, it is known as DWC or Deep Water Culture.

I'm completely lost on this one... There is so much information missing-

Â Where do the plants go?
    Â What does the filter do?
    Â What advantage does your design have over traditional hydroponic designs?
    Â What materials would the system be constructed of?
    Â What type of pumps would be used?
    Â What type of containers and growing media would be used?

Posting one small picture and an incoherent description is ridiculous. If you want to share your ideas that is great but you need to present them fully so we can understand what you are doing.

• pjwaffle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

1. the plants go on top of the container labled as the floodtank
    2. the filter filters the water to keep it clean
    3. my design makes the plants have clean water by having a filter and having the water circulate constantly while having a air pump doing DWC as you call it
    4. depends on the size I am guessing pretty strong materials not wood or steal maybe plastic
    5. the pumps used would depend on the size the larger the system the more power will be needed to constantly circulate the water and nutrients
    6. small baskets that allow water to the plants and the grow media should NOT be loose otherwise it would simply fall through or turn to mud I would suggest something like rockwool or another solid medium

ps. I am new to this sorry if I am copying an existing design or making a bad one!

• willardb3
    16 years ago

There's no use in reinventing the wheel.......

Google "hydroponics" ...the wheel has been invented already.

• rube32
    15 years ago

I use a DCW/Areo system, I have a utility storage tote which can with stand 400bls of weight. Cut six 3" holes in the lid, and in the tote I put a Mag Drive Pump 500 GPH with 1/2 PVC pipes in an H shape with eight 360 degree Areo sprayers about one inch away from the bottom of the pots. I have four 10" air stone running 24/7. This system works great for seedlings and new plants until the roots reach the nutrients, and once the roots reach the water in about a week if I get a clog which I don't because I use a filter I won't lose my plants.

• freemangreens
    15 years ago

pjwaffle

A picture of your set-up would solve a lot of the mystery. It sounds like what is known in hydroponics as DWC as stated, but you may be on to something new, you never know.

Take a digital picture or two and post them here for all us "experts" to see, please.

• grizzman
    15 years ago