Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisyd681

Any experience with Fox Farms?

daisyd681
16 years ago

I finally got into the local nursery to find a fungicide/insecticide for this poor tomato plant in my kitchen (I'm currently doing some hybrid version of hydro and soil). I asked about hydro nutes and they carry Fox Farms. The lady gave me a pamphlet that showed how I'm supposed to use upwards of six different products all in this one pot. Do I really need all of this? Can I just use the Big Bloom stuff? It's not as expensive as I thought it would be, but if I have to buy everything on the shelf it's gonna add up quick. I want to switch to hydro after these maters I have finish their cycle because the little bugs in the soil are driving me nuts, and I think it would help eliminate one of the variables I have.

Also, on a side note, is there any reason that a mesh pot should not be made of say cotton yarn? I know it sounds strange but I was crocheting this morning trying to make something else and came out with something that if attached to a craft ring or something (which I have plenty of) could serve as both the pot and the wick. I'm just wondering because that would be one less thing that I would have to find and buy (hydro has quite the stigma in my little town).

Comments (2)