Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dkistner_gw

K-Cup Hydroponics Part I (I need air pump advice)

dkistner
15 years ago

Okay, I've been lurking in this forum for days and getting more bewildered--or maybe lustful is the better word--as I go. First, let me say I'm only going to be growing lettuce-like stuff indoors. Second, part of what prompted me to get into this is concern about how our coffee habit is contributing to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch:

{{gwi:1004124}}

So I'm setting up a lettuce raft system using K cups, and I'll share the images with you in another posting (as soon as I make sure I'm coding it right above, which I won't know until post-posting).

The immediate question is this: I have four "found" bins that each will hold about 3 gallons, sitting on two of those Lowe's wire chrome shelves, and I thought I'd need to buy one aquarium pump and four air stones to bubble them with. With an Eco Air 4-outlet and four 12" air stones sitting in my shopping cart, I had a panic attack and decided I'd better run over here and ask somebody my stupid question.

Is this what I need for my setup, and other than sufficient air tubing, what over fittings or what have-you's do I need? My brain is shutting down over this suddenly and I just can't seem to think straight!

TIA,

Diane

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?