Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hydroponic Pepper Issues??

Posted by JC2189 Florida (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 17:38

Hey guys I just switched my DWC system over to peppers for the summer and Im having some blossom end rot. Im using FloraGrow until this cycle is over but Im going to switch to Fox Farm Tiger Bloom with some CAL and MAG solution. What am I doing wrong? Ive lost over half of my blooms in 4 days. Anyone had this problem before?
Current DWC Nutrient Details:

FloraGrow @ 700ppm with rainwater
PH: 6.5-7.5
Water Temp: 70+ degrees

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydroponic Pepper Issues??

The ppm is high, but not atrociously.
Do you have any idea what the nitrogen concentration is? Too much nitrogen will encourage the plant to abort blossoms in favor of vegetative growth.
Also, are these the first blooms on the plant? peppers will often drop the majority of their initial blooms.

o

My nitrogen concentration is 7% and the blooms are the first of the year, but know I've got another problem, BUGS. Almost all of the leaves now have been eaten so I start looking for the bastards that did this and I cant find any signs of anything on my plants. What would you recommend for pest control?

o

Sounds like a worm/caterpillar or a rodent. You need some caterpillar killer(Bt) or a cat!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here