Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greenhouse bell Pepper cultivars

Posted by timmy1 6a ri (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 11, 09 at 20:58

I was cruising around on YouTube and I was amazed at the greenhouse peeper production videos. 6-8 feet tall, loaded with fruit. I'm used to growing the short outdoor field type. What variety should I try next season that you can train up a string like that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greenhouse bell Pepper cultivars

Hi timmy1,
reds , 1.8 - 2.2#/sq. ft. = Lorca, Torkal, Triple 4, Zambra (lesser Parker, Cubico)
yellows, 1.8 - 2.2#/sq.ft. = Pekin, Kelvin, Neibla, Bossanova, Taranto
orange, 1.4 - 2#/sq.ft= Paramo, Lion, Bougie, Emily

o

sub/tropical commercial greenhouse peppers' guidelines:
*plant density = 0.27 - 0.36 plants/ft.2 floor space; pH = 5.5 - 6.5
*nutrient ppm (1ppm = 1mg by weight/fluid liter or 1 oz. by weight/7462.7 fluid gallons):
ppm at seedling transplant:
(fertigate 10x/d with 1.3 oz/dispersal)
N:70, P:50, K:119, Ca:110, Mg:40, S:55
ppm at production:
(fertigate 40x/d with 2.5 oz/dispersal ; hot 1.5 gal daily)
N:160, P:50, K:200, Ca:190, Mg:48, S:65

o

Thank you gringojay for some very useful information.
I am in the process of planning and building a "Greenhouse Vegatable Production" business. I am starting with a 60' wide X 144' long enviromentally-controlled greenhouse. (Temp., Humidity, Co2, etc.) I plan to grow some of the vineing cultivars you listed above as my first crop.
My question concerns the irrigation schedule you listed above. I know more mature plants require more water but do you think I will need to irrigate/fertigate up to 40 times a day if the temp. in the greenhouse is maintained between 72* F - 78* F. when the plants are @ full production?
You input would be welcome. Thanks

o

Gringojay, do you have a resource you pull from or are you talking from experience? If it's a book that is available, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here