Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thebonepile

hydroponic well water

thebonepile
18 years ago

so, am still rounding up all materials and studying little things before I jump in....

I found some nitrate fertilizer i had in the garage (from a past forage experiment for my cows), am ordering the epsom salts and calcium nitrate got a ph tester and a tds meter, the timer and pump....getting a scale and i should have everything

figured out my mix using a pnk calculator and the molecular formulas and weight ratios provided on other sites (big thanks jimr007 for refreshing my chemistry math skills)

and by the way jdog006 what is he name of your fertilizer that has 85% of its nitrogen from nitrate?

ANYWAY, I got to thinking ... (plus i got my new meters to try) my well water comes out of well at 5oo ppm - we soften the water for household use, and university tests on our water done a few years ago have said it is reasonable water.....

DO i alter the mix because it is well water? and once the systme is running, I have a question.... let's say 3 gallons evaporates out of the system on a good day - so at the end of the day I add 3 gallons of water and enough food to enrich that 3 gallons and then i balance the ph levels to keep that in check - but how do you reenrich the old solution ? or do you need to?

Comments (3)