Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Standard DWC cherry toms

Posted by bridgemonger 80026 (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 1:11

This is my first system, so lots of learning. I am in the process of doing my fist single plant 5gallon. The current is 10gal roughneck tub with 2 plants. Was 3, but I 86d one for space. I've had few bumps I have figured out and I a pretty sure everything is going well. My system is the mentioned tub, south facing window, and a pair of 125w cfls. And a small fan. I am running GH floraduo and for some reason nectar of the gods Herculean harvest. I started bloom about a month ago (when I had also figured out I was under feeding- which explained the yellow crumblies) and I have flowers and green matters popping up all over. I see lots of people talking about closed pollination and I just have to say, a gentle "running" middle and index finger on the flowers and stem seem to work great. Getting sideways here. Oh, I change water @ 2 weeks and at one week --- now --- I add nutrients based for 2 gallons of water. I just don't believe the guide follows true when plants become larger.

Anyhow, question is about how long from the first green till it starts going red? I think it's been 2 weeks about and I am expecting any day now for red to start coming in. Supplying a picture if anyone eagle eyed spots something let me know!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Standard DWC cherry toms

Better close up for possible insights. Honestly, I think I'm just impatient. And they are fine.

o

Do you live in China? I noticed both you pictures are upside down!
But seriously, waiting for your tomatoes to go from green to red is like watching water boil. It seems to take longer than it does but once it starts they all start.
You plants look healthy, BTW.

o

Lol grizz, used an iPad. They display correctly for me. I get what you're saying but ya know ... Lol.

This post was edited by bridgemonger on Thu, May 16, 13 at 10:35

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here