Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potatoes, Onions, Rashes etc ??????

Posted by Ricone none (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 1:50

I was talking with a Guy who said he had eaten Hydroponic Potatoes when he lived in Calf. I can think of a few ways I might try, but I am sure there are tricks to growing Potatoes. Anyone like to help me out with this. I would like to try Onions and Rashes etc just for fun.

/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potatoes, Onions, Rashes etc ??????

I have read about growing radishes or potatoes in a bed of 6"-8" of perlite using drip. I grew some radishes in peat/perlite mix and a rock wool starter cube last year as a trial. They grew well and really fast, but I messed up the nutrients and picked too late and the most the radishes were huge and pithy and not very tasty. The radish grew right on top of the rock wool, which was not planted deep enough. Next time I would not use any rock wool or starter cube, just directly seed into medium. Definitely worth another try this year. I think for potatoes, go to farmers market and buy some grown locally, then let grow eyes(roots) and transplant. Good luck!

o
RE: Potatoes, Onions, Rashes etc ??????

• Posted by SSZLAZ usda zone 10 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 11:08

I need some input about growing Potaoes hydroponically, I tried before growing successfully Radish and Turnips hydroponically in pure Perlite. If there is a link for hydroponic potaoes I appreciate much your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here