Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimmy3323

Stunted Growth

jimmy3323
13 years ago

I have two Heirloom (Aerogarden seeds) growing in a passive wick system (Emily's Garden). One of the plants has started to flower and bloom with several golf ball sized green tomatoes on it. The other plant had one tomato and it turned a purple color and fell off. The plant also seems to have stopped growing. The plants look the same...other than one of them is about 6-8 inches taller. Both are in the same solution which is Botanicare Pro Blend...started with the Grow formula and now am on the Bloom formula. I run a PH of 5.8-6.0 and a PPM of 1100-1300 using a conversion rate of .5. The lights are on 12/12 and the temp ranges from 68-80 ambient and the solution from 73-80. There is a fan blowing 24/7 to circulate the air as well. As best I can tell the roots of the troubled plant are white, or at least not brown. I can not lift the troubled plant out of the solution as the root system is too tangled around each other that I am afraid I will cause more damage than good. I have an air stone in my solution that runs 24/7. It is in between the two plants and bubbles can be seen in the solution through one of the empty slots. I have been running my nutrients no more than 2 weeks with leeching using just water at 6.0 ph for 24 hours prior to complete change. For the most part I have replaced the solution about every 7-10 days.

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

Comment (1)