Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nu2hydro

Tomato plant recovery

nu2hydro
10 years ago

Ok so I had my tomato plants out of nowhere start wilting I had a lettuce that was starting to turn brown right about where the root was so I got rid of it and then one of my smaller tomato plants that I started from seed done the same thing so it is now gone now the bigger tomato plants a doing good I have taken measures and counter measures to keep them from wilting again and I am in the process of building a box and spraying some insulating foam into to keep the nutrient solution at optimum temp now the big question is I haven't really been seeing any new growth on the tomato plants since all of this started a week ago and thanks to everyone's help I was able to troubleshoot and fix the problem now how long will it take for my plants to recover and be back to growing the way they were cause right now it seems as if they are stunted a bit and I just want them to go back to being happy happy plants.

Comments (2)

• grizzman
    10 years ago

The plants will grow new roots ahead of new top growth. as you get more white roots below, you'll see new green above.
    To help control my nutrient temps outside, I put my rez in a cooler. so far so good. You might want to consider that as it may come out less expensive, and certainly less time consuming, than creating your own insulted box.

• nu2hydro
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey that's a good idea I think that is what I will do