Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sixpacktr

Starting at Hydroponics, need some advice

sixpacktr
15 years ago

Hi,

Newbie to this board and to hydroponics. My father ahs done this with a lot of success.

I built an 11 plant system (the HydroRon's system on HydroponicsOnline). I like the layout and that it is small and relatively inexpensive to build. I have planted 7 tomato plant, 2 peppers, a zucchini and cuke plant in the 11 pots. The system works great, as far as filling up, etc. I am feeding the plants 6 times a day for 10 mins each cycle.

Here is my question(s): the leaves are turning yellowish, and in some instances blackish. Too much nutrient or not enough? How do I check nutrient levels (too much/not enough?)? Am I feeding too much/too long? The nutrient I started with was a 'SuperTea' concoction for starting plants out and getting them established. I used 12 gallons (more or less) of water and the appropriate amount of liquid nutrient to it (I believe). I also washed away all of the dirt from the plants before I put them in the pea gravel (didn't think that there should be dirt in the water).

Anyway, any advice would be most welcome.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional