Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jim361tx

Results: Using non-hydro products for hydro

jim361tx
10 years ago

Greetings, I wanted to update everyone on what i was doing and share my results. I had posted many weeks ago that I was setting up my first hydro system but wanted to buy locally. I live in a small town with the nearest hydro shop 150 miles away (that I know of anyway). I had questioned the use of Medina liquid fertilizer as a nutrient. There was some debate on thread.

I posted the question to the manufacturer and get the following message back: Yes Hastagro works great in hydroponic systems. It has humic acid to help complex the nutrients which helps a lot. Here are some notes on application rates for hydroponics, I would start with a mixture of both 12-4-8 and 6-12-6 to start and as your plants get more in to the fruiting stage like tomatoes you can use less of the 12-4-8. The rates on the label are for foliar sprays and you would need lower rates for constant feed. I would start with a mixture of 1/12 ounce per gallon or about 8 ounces of Hastagro 12-4-8 per 100 gallon of solution. As your plants are getting into full growth conditions you can add this much each week if you see that the nutrients are being used up. I would also make foliar applications of HastaGro 6-12-6 every 2 weeks or add a 4 ounce dose per 100 gallons of water as needed.

I decided to go for it. Using just the two products mentioned above and water. I have been doing this for the last few weeks and found good results. I am sure it is not a perfect solution but it fits my needs. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Comments (6)