Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
herb_nerd2000

Would like images of homemade systems

herb_nerd2000
19 years ago

If any of you have images of homemade systems I would appreciate seeing them. Or if you know of a site that has them on line could you please post the address or anything else concerning hydroponics?

Comments (5)

• edurink
    19 years ago

Try the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydroponics Ideas

• tailwheel
    19 years ago

Here's a picture of one of my rows of vegetables. I make them in sets of 2 rows. The right hand side of the picture shows empty buckets, but the left hand side shows Japanese cucumbers and at the end is white bitter melons. Normally, I would have every other bucket on each side of the planks, but for climbing plants, I've set the buckets all on one side where they can climb the wire frame visible on the left side of the picture.

There are 3 stacks of 6X8X16 concrete building blocks spaced at 10 feet end to end. On top of these blocks are 3 2X6X10 foot planks. The large white pipe is a 1-1/2 in. diameter PVC, capped on one end and has an elbow that feeds into the TEE at the middle of the pipe for drainage back to the nutrient tank. (18 gallon Rubbermaid container) There are 9 holes drilled into the pipe where the 1/2 inch elbows from the buckets set to drain back into the 1-1/2 inch.

The buckets are 2 gallon trash cans that I bought at the 99 cent store and the bottom drains are 2 each 1/2 inch elbows connected by a very short piece of 1/2 inch pipe. A 3/4 rubber grommet makes a seal so there is no leakage in the joint.

I use a RIO 600 pump and run it 24/7. This pump has enough capacity to supply 18 plant sites. The nutrient is supplied via the black 1/2 inch plastic irrigation pipe and you can clearly see the 1/4 inch diameter feed tubing that runs up to the top of the bucket.

Any questions, e-mail me.

[IMG]http://img76.photobucket.com/albums/v232/tailwheel/Pic_7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img76.photobucket.com/albums/v232/tailwheel/Pic_4.jpg[/IMG]

Here is a link that might be useful: More pics here

• tailwheel
    19 years ago