Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coco peat container tomatoes

Posted by leeds78 none (My Page) on
Fri, May 24, 13 at 13:15

Hi,

I'm new to the forum as well Hydroponics, I'm trying to grow tomatoes in coco peat containers,. tomatoes trees are grown but it more than 3 weeks still small trees 4 inches.

what I'm doing is poring nutrients every 2 days, but no enough sunlight,

some time I see fungus in coco peat why is that,

kindly advice.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coco peat container tomatoes

My best guess is you have too much Coco peat and your roots are staying Too wet. I do drip and expanded Clay pellets or Dutch buckets and my tomatoes plants are over foot tall in 3 weeks.

o

Coco peat already has a high water holding capacity, so it does not needs much water for the roots growth. I think the roots are staying too wet. Also, since sunlight is essential for the plant growth, it should get proper exposure to sunlight, as well. You can try it, I'm sure you'll have a good yield.

o

why don't you drill 4-5 holes in your container to drain the excess nutrient solution?

o

Thanks for alll advice, after i kept in sun it grown, then started blooms and they diedmwihiut any fruit, im so sad.

o

Yes, pot is full of cocopeat , i read hydroponics always need water . Is not correct' also there are wholes in the pot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here