Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbrush_gw

My Grow

bbrush
13 years ago

Cucumbers

Melons, 2 Cantaloupe and one Watermelon.

Summer Ball mini type pumpkin, had my first one last night, yellowish flesh, quite sweet.

sungold cherry toms

Cauliflower starting to head, looking a bit sad as my tank ran dry and it was a hot day, just finished and ripped out my Broccoli.

My PVC pipe garden is in a bit of a transition, was growing lettuce but it is to hot for them and even with the shade cloth they are wilting and not growing very fast, so waiting for my pepper roots to get longer, here it is a few months back with peas, bok choi, chard and tatsoi.

And my Zucchini.

And a shameless plug to my "coming soon" hydroponic site

Comments (7)

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

What an awesome garden!! I have garden envy!! Those melons put off a beautiful flower!
    How hot is it there?? It gets very hot and humid here in Oklahoma and I wanted to do a NFT pvc system outside, but if it's too hot then I might have to do a small system inside :/

• bbrush
    Original Author
    13 years ago

close to 30c (85f) today on my roof, going to be a problem for me soon as well, loads of frozen water bottles and hydrogen peroxide.

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

oh yeah, I'll definitely have to do them inside then :/ it can get as high as 100 here PLUS humidity (although it averages in the 90's in the summer)

• widespreadpanic
    13 years ago

WOW. That's all I have to say for now. WOW!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Greene Tomato

• aero_ponics
    13 years ago

What an amazing veggie garden you have there! Those cucumbers look really, really nice and indeed those pumpkins sure looks sweet to me, ;)

• bbrush
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks people! here is a little experiment using a simple siphon and dripper, idea from a youtube video. In the plastic container is a layer of clay pallets, a layer of spreader mat and another layer of clay pallets, going to make a much larger version of this in autumn when it cools down enough for lettuce. The water in the bucket is just waste water from a nutrient change.

• bbrush
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gave bush variety broad beans (fava beans) a go this year, just planted 8 plants, 4 per bucket (15 litres if my memory is correct, 4 gallons), seem to be going OK, lots of initial flower drop and some fungus.