Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hydroculture

Posted by just_startin_out none (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 14:56

I've recently started my hand at hydroculture. I have been using the pot and saucer method with a terracotta pot with one large drainage hole. I am wondering if this is sufficient or do I really need something with many more holes?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydroculture

Could you elaborate on your system?
Are you filling the saucer and letting it wick into the medium?
Normally, when I think of hydroculture, I think of rooting a cutting in a glass of water in a window.

o
RE: Hydroculture

What are you trying to grow?

I grow a bunch of house plants this way. it'll be better with more air getting to the roots though. switch to orchid pots with slits up the sides or net pots.

Don't use soil or you're asking for problems later on. I use hydroton or sphagnum moss to hold the roots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here