Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bullgoose_gw

Help wifes prize chili plant dying

bullgoose
10 years ago

Hello all. Hope someone Can give mé some Sound advice.

My wife went on a holiday for a week the same Day i finished my first Bubble bucket. I decided to give her prize chili the honourable distinction of Being the first plant to grace Said bubbler. She loves this plant and even has a Name for it. Lol

I know i Got carried away and rushed things. I used Danish tap Water without checking ph. For nutrients i used organic Stuff bought from a guy selling plants. He assured mé it was good for chilis though his english was poor and he did not understand it was for hydroponic growing. The Stuff is supposed to be mixet at 100/1 for normal watering but i thought cranking it up to 80/1 ish, was a good idea to give her a jump start which i Think May have been one of several mistakes i made. The nutrient is made from fish waste amongst other things. It stinks to much to have in the house so Will be changing that asap.

I believe more than the nutrient it is root shock as this plant was in soil before. the plant is drooping a lot and has been for three days the foilage is still a vibrant green though so i feel there is hope. I looked around and followed advice to. Cut it back that was near two days ago. I havechecked Water levvels and they are fine.

How long Can root shock last and what Can i dó. I worry i might be fiddling around with it. To much. Should i just leave it ?

It has even crossed my mind to transplant back to soil or is that madness ?

I have 4 days to perk it up before the Missus returns or Will have to go scouring the shops for a similar looking plant

ThIs was my wifes first plant from seed hence the exessive importance

Cheers. Dave

Comments (4)