Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chyniwyni

is this what nute burn looks like on bell pepper leaves?

chyniwyni
10 years ago

I'm new to hydroponics (started about 2 weeks ago). I transplanted from soil. It's dwc in a 8 gal tub.

I don't know anywhere that sells hydro nutes (i'm in jamaica). I've tried several farm/garden stores and the best they have are water solubles or raw ingredients like calcium nitrate, potassium nitrate, chelated iron etc. But i don't think i'm ready to make my own nutes.

Idk if i mixed the solution too strong or if the sun burnt the leaves... or maybe it has some deficiency...
i started with 2 tsp 20-20-20 water soluble along with 1 tsp epsom salt per gal

i sprayed some pesticide on it after because there were some small insects flying around under the leaves.

That's when the round thinned patches on the leaves started to develop along with burnt looking and discolored tips. (as seen in pic)

the 20-20-20 didn't have calcium so i switched to 2 tsp 12-2-14 (includes ca and mg) plus 2 tsp 7-12-40+TE per gal. The 7-12-40 was the closest I could find to the 4-18-38 tomato formula. I used the 12-2-14 for the calcium. Maybe i should buy calcium nitrate and mix it with 7-12-40?

Anyway, does it look like i nute burned it? i threw out 80% of the solution and diluted the rest with water last night.

Comments (4)