Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does this seem like a good deal?

Posted by tabarhodes 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 07 at 12:01

Hi,
I am wanting to get started in hydroponics and originally was looking at the aerogarden, however it seems pretty limited in what you can do with it. While browsing ebay i found this kit. I suspect that a similar system could be built for a bit cheaper. Am I correct? If so could you point me to a source for instructions?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Six-Planter-Hydroponic-System-Kit-includes-Grow-Lights_W0QQitemZ160124653592QQihZ006QQcategoryZ43555QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks guys!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does this seem like a good deal?

I don't know if it is a good deal financially. You can certainly build something at home for very little money but it will likely take more time to figure out and do the research on the internet. This kit looks like it includes everything but the water, the seeds and the electricity. I suppose it depends on what you need to save more of, money or time? The ready made systems that come with intsructions can help if you have not done much research already.

Actual systems don't have to cost much. The pumps, air pumps, lights, fans and timers are the more $$ parts of all of it. Then of course there is the electricity to run it into the future. An outdoor system can be set up in the right climate or season that is only going to cost a little more than the pump and the electricity to run it. Indoor systems add all the lights, timers, fans, etc.

I don't know if I've helped you at all or just confused you more. If you are set on a prebuilt system, this might be an ok choice since it includes almost everything you will need to try it out for the first time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here