Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor hydropnics help please

Posted by stewie1983 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 12, 06 at 12:16

I want to start growing some of my plants hydroponically and so i have been looking into making my own system. The problem is that im wanting to do it outdoors as i have a pretty small flat, also i have a shared garden and so i cant get any electrical appliances outside i.e an air pump. Is there any way that i can do it outside without having to use electrics and hopfully not spend a lot of money? any help appreciated, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor hydropnics help please

Stewie,

There are battery operated air pumps for aquariums (aquaria?). Might be good to check them out (link below). They're not very expensive, however, you'll have to spend for the battery on a regular basis.

Ed

Here is a link that might be useful: Air Pumps

o

If you go to this website www.futuregardens.com they sell a valve, call (smartvalve) that works off off gravity.There no eletricity involve.

o

Check out link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Smart Hole

o

Smartvalve looks good. Would this stop the roots drowning? Only problem is im in scotland, so buying from the states could be a problem.

o

well stewie, if you arent in the usa you can always take this info to your local vendors for similar items. or buy it over the internet since its obvious you already have some type of access.

im doing NFT on my roof. its a 30 degree pitch.

o

there are units available now with solar battery chargers built in. can run both an air pump & water pump with them. c-p

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here