Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soft black air line?

Posted by Kerosene none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 12:56

I'm trying to find some SOFT BLACK air line to use in my air lift system (as the the drip line), I'm currently using standard black irrigation poly hose, and it's way too agricultural to work with.

Does anyone know if the "black silicone air line" available on eBay (from multiple sellers in China) is actually as soft as regular clear air line?

Alternatively, how risky is it to use clear air line as my drip line? I'm guessing that there will be the odd water drop that gets stuck/suspended in the line (and exposed to light) between feeds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soft black air line?

What is it about the black drip line you don't like? I switch to it as air line and like it way better than the clear stuff.
I'm nut sure you'll find a black vinyl line (I believe that is what the material is) but you could paint it black or wrap in with electrical tape.

o

This was not a complicated search.

You will have to learn to do some work yourself in hydroponics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydroponic Hose

o

Well that was might sweet of you Willard. I quit doing google searches for others a long time ago.
Was it 1/2" he was looking for? I thought he was after the 1/4" stuff that attaches to air pumps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here