Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Autopot used commercially.

Posted by ryan.moseby none (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 15:23

Has anybody used the autopot hydroponic system on a commercial scale?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Autopot used commercially.

I have not. It seems it would be rather expensive to use that system on multiple plants.
I have been pondering how to improvise a system to make a zero electricity EnF system based on the autopots working mechanism. the only manual power would be to fill an elevated reservoir each day.
I kind of moved onto other things though and haven't finished working it out.

o

I like the zero electricity and low maintenance idea. In this part of the world we're only getting the autopot in 8.5l sizes. Would like to experiment with a smaller pot just to get the hang of it.

I think another concern is that you'll have to be able to isolate a problem child plant quickly and if the problem lies within the reservoir you'll have your entire row of plants in danger.

I still don't think there's another easier way and just overseeing a couple of reservoirs a day would be awesome but think it's unlikely that simple.

o

I was thinking you could use the autopot valve to flood a tray that held multiple plants in individual pots. that way if you have a problem, you can simply remove the problem plant.Here is a link that explains how the valve works and sells just the valve (without the pot) maybe that'll help spur some ideas.

o

Awesome stuff. Thanks Grizzman

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here