Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackblasto

ph adjust in a single DWC without lifting the plant up

jackblasto
9 years ago

Is there any way to adjust the ph of a single bucket deep water culture without lifting the plant up and stirring the nutrient mix? I'm asking because my tomato plants are rather large and can break at this point. Every time I do a lift I cross my fingers nothing is going to go bad. I drilled a small hole next to where the airline goes in so I can pull out a sample to ph and ppm test and that works nicely BUT I am a little perplexed on adjusting the ph through a tiny hole? I mean the solution isn't mixing around via pump in there... it is bubbling from an air stone... soooooo, if I just drop some ph up in there does it really dissolve properly??? Wondering if anyone out there has some ingenious ideas? I was told to top off by watering the plant through the top overtop my pebbles... well, I would think dumping a ph adjuster in through the top goes absolutely nowhere and would just sit in the pebbles and become totally useless. I also thought using a syringe to shoot it into the bucket via the hole I drilled would be effective BUT then I run into problems with how does it mix nicely with the nutrient mix if I just dump a few mL of ph up on top and don't really stir it? Any thoughts?

Comments (3)