Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lettuce seeds

Posted by stephentjjr lag phil (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 9, 04 at 2:03

hello everyone!

i am new here and also an amateur farmer. i would just like to get information on where i can source varieties of lettuce seeds. i really need the information badly. (any and all you can spare). it can be hybrid or not but i would really prefer the hybrid kind. thank you very much and best of luck to all of you in your gardening endeavors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lettuce seeds

stephentjjr,

If you are near UP Los Banos the Institute of Plant Breeding is a good source.

If you go to Metro Manila, other sources are:

RAMGO INTERNATIONAL CORP.
53 Gen. Lim St., Heroes Hills
Quezon City
1104 Philippines
Tel. No.: 3713463: 3713485: 3713487
Fax No.:(63-2) 371 3488

ALLIED BOTANICAL CORP.
No. 15, 21st Ave., Tagumpay
Cubao 1109, Quezon City
Tel., (632) 4376606 to 08
Email: sales@alliedbotanical.com

(Allied is listed in Gardenweb, under "asianhydro". Search the list of Pinoy members.)

HARBEST AGRIBUSINESS CORP.
No. 5 Rosemary Lane, Barangay Kapitolyo
Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel. No.: (02)6717411-14
Fax No.: (02)6712232
Email: harbest@harbest.com

I was also told that the Bureau of Plant Industry in San Andres Bukid, Manila sells, although I have not purchased from them. I am very familiar with the agencies listed above.

I am sure there are other sources but for a start, you can try these seed vendors.

Good luck!

o
RE: lettuce seeds

thank you edurink for your much needed information! rest assured that i will seek out more advice from you if the need arises.

cheers!

o
RE: lettuce seeds and cleaning

Hello to all:

I stumbled upon this web page. I was looking for lettuce seeds, I already bought a few from the manila seed bank in QC (garden 2000 ?). I just want to ask, is it true I could get ones near the San Andres Market in Manila near Quirino Ave.?

Also, in cleaning the lettuce. Im sure there was a commercial before on TV about a "fibro***" something (?) powder you dissolve in water wherein you soak them there. The commercial said its better than salt-water solution since it doesnt sip the nutrients.

Hope you guys can help. Thanks.

-- Yahz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here