Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
guyy_gw

What is the best beginner system?

guyy
14 years ago

Im trying to decide which hydroponic system to build. I need it to be under $100, high performance, and easy to learn how to use. Most of all it just needs to work!

Im thinking about building one of these

http://alternative-innovation.com/free-how-to-build-aeroponic-hydroponic-system-plan.html

I tried building a flood/drain system out of junk (shallow plastic tubs and misc plumbing parts) but it didnt work out.

I plan on growing 4 plants Medical & legal, if this helps...

Thanks for any advice

Here is a link that might be useful: hydro plan

Comments (6)

• grizzman
    14 years ago

simple is deep water culture. not the best for everything, but most things.
    I can think of a number of medicinal and legal plants. why don't you simply state what it is rather than beat around the bush.

• guyy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lol OK Im trying to grow medical MJ I am now allowed to grow 6 plants with only 3 flowering at a time. So Im really only going to have 3 in this system under 12/12 cycle and I plan to have some kind of cloning cycle. Maybe I could use the extra spot for something else.

The laws here kind of make it hard to plan this out with having an odd number of plants and I have to keep things going fast in order to have a decent supply. So I plan on building a system and then buying some clones and hopefully if I can keep them alive I can have a continual (small) harvest going.

Im hoping that maybe I can use one pump that will spray this system and have a outlet with a hose to another system in a separate area to feed the clones. IDK if this is possible but it would save me from having to buy another pump.

Ive been told deep water culture isn't a good option for this, is this true?

Thanks

• grizzman
    14 years ago

check out rollitup.org. somebody posted a thread there awhile ago titled something like 'grow three pounds in three weeks" It shows all the equipment and pretty much lays out how its done. later in the thread, the poster said they grew in this manner because of restrictions imposed for growing medical MJ.
    You'll probably get your best answers there.
    good luck!

• guyy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the tip, Ive tried posting on a few other forums and you're the only one who has replied...

3 pounds is way out of my ball park lol Im only allowed to have a few usable ounces in possession...Tryin to keep things as legal as possible, but still have just enough to get by.

Thanks again

• kylle221
    14 years ago

I googled "bubble buckets" when I was trying to figure out how to build a couple for some bell peppers. I got a lot of info off of a MJ site. I forgot which site it was but it was very informative, and showed step by step instructions on how to build one.

• shelbyguy
    14 years ago

The mj forums have an awful signal:noise ratio but there is some seriously good info to be found there. The spreadsheet for mixing nutrients has really advanced my vegetable gardening technique.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert