Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Root Mass Expander and Carbohydrate Supplement

Posted by TheOneAndOnly none (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 3:31

I run a DWC setup and have used Voodoo Juice with Piranha before. Few people have suggested me to buy a carbohydrate supplement as well, which they insist to be pretty effective in a hydroponic setup like mine. I have ignored the suggestion till now because of the budget issue.

Now that AN is selling a $99.60 pack of Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Tarantula and Bud candy; I am quite interested. Want some suggestions though, is this a good deal?

Here is a link that might be useful: Fab4 Pak

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Root Mass Expander and Carbohydrate Supplement

Thumbs down. Plants generally produce sugar from C02 + Sun. What vegetable crop could possibly justify having them swim in candy when at absolutely the max you will just get to eat ~2% of the sugar you put into the system (see below) incorporated into the edible parts of the plant?

If you want to add a high performance essential sugar package to your nutrient mix, light years better than molasses water (blackstrap molasses is used for this too at 1/2 cup per 10 gallons), put a watermelon in the blender and add as needed. Start with 1/4 pound of watermelon puree (or filtrate) per ten gallons, or if you want low fructose, go with one banana. The sugar composition is perfect elixir to promote growth and many additional nutrients are there the plant can use if you are intent wanting to do this.

I would never add that disgusting Bud Candy sugar syrup to my system. 95% floates around feeding microbes and the plants uptake a miniscule amount, and serves as a ripe agar for bad microbes too, growth everywhere, not only in the roots, forcing among other things, quicker nutrient changes, to spend even more money unnecessarily in a cycle designed to get into your wallet by voodoo salesmen.

Oh, and did I mention Bud Candy attracts ants? A better market for that overpriced ant bait would be Terminex and Truly Nolan - Not my clean system!
This product is a scam. The Bulgarian "plant science PhD" who is presented as an unbiased source of "the real science" is on the payroll of the product's marketeer and is trying to lobby the Bulgarian government to start growing medical marijuana *using that manufacturer's nutrients*.

IMO, no benefit, if you give your plants the proper nutrient solution and light they will make more sugar than they know what to do with. As an old friend used to say when I asked her if she wanted sugar in her coffee? "Thanks for the offer honey, but I'm already sweet enough."

This post was edited by PupillaCharites on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 16:01

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here