Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hydrolover

Need PPM on Keith Roberto Nutrient Formulas

hydrolover
11 years ago

Hi,

I start learning Hydroponic gardening few months ago. I live in an apartment building with a small balcony in Hong Kong. I have built a 10-holes PVC tube NFT system and wishing to plant strawberry, cucumber, tomato, pepper and maybe some herbs. In Hong Kong I can easily buy chemicals but not commercial ready mixed Hydroponic nutrient. I can order from U.S.or U.K. but the freight charges are too expensive and not worth for a hobbyist.I came across a book written by Mr. Keith Roberto with the following nutrient formulas and hope any experts can give me the PPM of each salts.

Vegetative (9.5-5.7-11.3)

Ca(NO3)2 6 grams

KNO3 2.09 grams

K2SO4 0.46 grams

KH2PO4 1.39 grams

MgSO4*7H2O 2.42 grams

Fruiting Nutrient (8.2-5.9-13.6)

Ca(NO3)2 8 grams

KNO3 2.80 grams

K2SO4 1.70 grams

KH2PO4 1.39 grams

MgSO4*7H2O 2.40 grams

Flowering Nutrient (5.5-7.97-18.4)

Ca(NO3)2 4.10 grams

KNO3 2.80 grams

K2SO4 0.46 grams

KH2PO4 1.39 grams

MgSO4*7H2O 2.40 grams

All above add up with Trace Element

Fe EDTA 7%

Mn 2%

Zn 0.40%

Cu 0.10%

B Mo 0.06%

All these to make 1.00 Gallon of Final Nutrient Solution.

Thank you and hope someone can help me.

Hydrolover from Hong Kong

Comments (10)

• grizzman
    11 years ago

search this forum for the name danielfp. cruise his posts and you'll find a blog he wrote that explains how to calculate ppm.
    good luck!

• hydrolover
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Grizzman,

Thank you very much for your help. Cheers.

• LeonardoDeGarden
    11 years ago

Here is an online ppm tutorial, and there is a section on plotting out your own under "custom nutrient planner".

Here is a link that might be useful: Online ppm tutorial

• eircsmith
    11 years ago

Thank for threads and reply to related query about calculating ppm. Thank" grizzman" for your help.

• carb
    11 years ago

Hello,

I think it would be better if you focus on 1 plant first since your setup is still small because it would simplify it and would give you more space to analyze the results.

Reg. your question, try searching the web for ppm calculator. I think there is one called hydrobuddy that is free

• hydrodave
    10 years ago

I'm an Electrical Engineer with a strong background in Electromagnetic fields and used to design telecommunications equipment for Motorola. Plants respond favorably to the right EM fields and yields and vigor can be improved greatly by generating a simple field around the roots with either a simple battery or by pulsing the field with a flashing circuit. Bi-phasic fields work best. The voltage level must be appropriate for the plant size.

I live in Hong Kong and am looking for a good supplier for liquid nutrients, pH meters and grow lights. I'll be happy to share my expertise ....

• hydrolover
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I love gardening. I built two hydroponic system, NFT and DIT in my small balcony. I been successfully grew cucumbers, peppers, strawberries, herbs, beans, choi sum and various vegetable. Before I bought my hydroponic nutrients from U.S. but too expensive and cost too much in freight charges. Now I do my own nutrient solution and would like to share with people who has the same interest. I have all my pH/TDS meters, chemicals etc. locally. I live in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.

• ThanhViet
    9 years ago

Hi Guys,

I know it's an old thread, but did you succeed in finding nutriments locally ? I'm in Kowloon and want to grow some veggies & fruits on the balcony, but no one at the flower market was able to understand what I was looking for.

• robert_1943
    9 years ago

Hi I just came back from Kowloon, and there is a Hydroponic shop close to the wet market I dont know the street but I bought some seeds there and they have lots of supplies, this shop is close to where all the tropical fish and gold fish are sold sorry best I can do .
    I was staying in the Mongkok area and was only a short walk as I was staying at a large hotel across the road from the flower market

• robert_1943
    9 years ago

Try this address I think it was the one I visited all in Chinese so I cannot read.Best of luck let me know how you go.
    Happy City Farmer Limited
    Telï¼ 2669 1939
    Addressï¼ G/F., 148 Tung Choi Street, Mong Kok
    Websiteï¼ www.happycityfarmer.com
    Emailï¼ info@happycityfarmer.com
    Business Hoursï¼ Mon-Sat 10:00-21:00

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH