Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_bc

Hydroponic Nutrient Calculator

Don_BC
18 years ago

I did a websearch for a hydroponic nutrient calculator, and one came up, authored by one Jorge Menendez, at HAL-PC.org. I tried it for a couple of days, and it worked well, then it was gone from that website. I emailed the author, and as yet have not received a reply to the email.

This program was pretty slick. If I put into the fields, the required NPK, etc. that I wished to mix up, it came back with the quantities needed, of raw salts, to make this mixture, albeit it was 28 times too strong. His reasoning was that you could use 1 oz. of the formula, per gallon of water mixed up, and it would provide the required nutrient strength. In my opinion, that makes for a lot less measuring, one time for the initial batch, then after that it would be quite simple to mix up the required amount for each feeding.

Has anybody ever heard of Jorge Menendez, and if so, how could I contact him, other than the HAP-PC site? Failing that, does anybody know where one could obtain a similar nutrient calculator, for another source?

Thanking you in advance;

Don F.

Savona, BC

CANADA

Comment (1)