Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have expierence in growing Tomatoes hydroponically?

Posted by Bulletproof2 NY (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 27, 05 at 14:23

Hello, I need a bit of help with growing Tomatoes. I previously grew Cucumbers and I had alot of trouble with managing my nutrient solution. It seems it was very easy to overfertilize the plant, even with the slightest amounts. Basically I couldn't even come close to an EC of 1.0. I want to grow some dwarf tomatoes from seed, however I need a general idea of how much nutrient to use. I will be using the General Hydroponics 3 part nutrient solution, I was thinking of going on two weeks of plain water to irrigate the rockwool after germination, and after two weeks I was going to use 1/4 teaspoon of each bottle, after that I'm not sure how much to increase by. Does this sound like a good plan?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have expierence in growing Tomatoes hydroponically?

here is a link which should be helpfull.Have you ever considered using coco coir?I too have not been able to reach full strength.I have grown dwarf tomatoes indoors under lights,and outdoors.each variety seems to have a diff. tolerance to nutrient strength.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here